We know making a pregnancy decision is not easy, but you are not alone in your decision-making journey. Know the facts about abortion, the risks, and your other two pregnancy options before making up your mind. Talk to us about abortion today to feel empowered and well-informed about the process.
Be Informed of the Risks
Depending on the type of abortion, different risks will come, but many remain the same. For a medical abortion, risks include:
- Incomplete abortion, which may need to be followed by surgical abortion
- An ongoing unwanted pregnancy if the procedure doesn’t work
- Heavy and prolonged bleeding
For any type of second-trimester abortion, which is a surgical abortion, risks can include:
- Perforation of the uterus
- Damage to the cervix
- Scar tissue on the uterine wall
- Bleeding, including blood clots
- Nausea and vomiting
Protect Your Health
There are steps to take to protect your health and safety before an abortion. Not only do we offer free, lab-quality pregnancy tests, but we offer free ultrasounds to confirm essential details of your pregnancy.
Having an ultrasound before an abortion is essential in guarding your health. An ultrasound is a recommended step in any abortion, including the abortion pill. Here are a couple of reasons an ultrasound should not be skipped:
- Around 20% of pregnancies end in natural miscarriages. An ultrasound can show if your pregnancy has a heartbeat and is growing, so you can avoid an unnecessary abortion.
- Know how far along you are. One of the deciding factors in the type of abortion that is recommended for you is how long you have been pregnant. The abortion pill is only FDA-approved for pregnancies under 10 weeks.
- Rule out an ectopic pregnancy: Where an embryo implants outside of the uterus, causing a life-threatening condition. A woman with an ectopic pregnancy will need treatment immediately. Neither the abortion pill nor surgical abortions treat this type of pregnancy complication.
A Safe, Non-Judgmental Space
We can share about all your pregnancy options, including abortion. Our team is a safe and non-judgmental team you can trust. We are here to share answers to some of your major questions and help you take your next step to gain clarity.
Schedule a free and confidential appointment today.