When Should I get an Ultrasound?
The best time to get an ultrasound is sometime in your first trimester after you confirm your pregnancy with a lab-quality pregnancy test as well. An ultrasound confirms your pregnancy by showing you three things:
1. How far along you are
2. The location of your pregnancy
3. Reveals if you have a viable pregnancy
How do I Know if I am Pregnant?
Many women have common pregnancy symptoms in their first trimester, but not all. Some women have no symptoms. Common pregnancy symptoms include:
- Missed period
- Nausea with or without vomiting
- Tender, swollen breasts
- Mood swings
What Are The Risks of Abortion?
If you are considering abortion, know there are risks to both surgical and medical abortion. Here are the most common side effects and potential risks of abortion:
Surgical Abortion Risks
- Perforation of the uterus
- Damage to the cervix
- Scar tissue on the uterine wall
- Bleeding, including blood clots
- Nausea and vomiting
Medical Abortion Risks
- Incomplete abortion, which may need to be followed by surgical abortion
- An ongoing unwanted pregnancy if the procedure doesn’t work
- Heavy and prolonged bleeding
- Digestive system discomfort
How Much will my Appointment Cost?
Appointments at Grace Women’s Care Center are completely free and confidential!